RE: Mc D coffee, lawyers, stupidity and no LBC content

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Mc D coffee, lawyers, stupidity and no LBC content
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:49:02 -0700
I watched that case with considerable amazement.  As Dave has pointed out,
anybody's fresh brewed coffee is plenty hot enough to burn you, ESPECIALLY
if you do what that woman did and pour it in your lap then drive around for
20 minutes looking for a doctor to verify your burns !!!

But, I'll point out that it wasn't our legal system that decided McD's was
at fault, but a jury !

If the legal system has any blame at all, it's for selecting juries that
are mostly poor, uneducated, unemployed, and somewhat err,uhm, ...
uncreative.  These people tend to see any large company as being the rich
enemy, and delight in any excuse to have the "poor underdog" take some of
their money away.  IMO the recent decision against GM falls into the same
category.

Randall