TR-3A Concours Judging

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-3A Concours Judging
From: "Frank J. Angelini Sr." <angelfj@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 11:30:00 -0400
For all of you that had the pleasure of attending the recent VTR convention
in Portland, ME, perhaps you can shed some light on a few issues regarding
concours judging at these events.  Has anyone on the list been involved in
judging at one of these national or regional events?  If so, is there an
official set of written guidelines that are used for judging and is this
available through VTR?  I am particularly interested in paint colors and
schemes.  We are considering a duotone scheme based on Bill Piggots latest
book on TR-2 & 3's.  However, I hesitate to proceed with this until I
understand how such a car would be evaluated.  If these events are anything
like local events, and individual may be called upon to help with judging at
the last minute  This can lead to much confusion on the part of the judge
and much disappointment on the part of the owner.  Also, do judging
standards differ significantly between VTR and TRA?

Many thanks,

Frank in Downingtown, PA
'68 TR-250 CD1510LO
'60 TR-3A  TS 58476 LO