Re: Strange weather phenomenon?

To: "Malcolm Walker" <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>, "The Usual Suspects" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Strange weather phenomenon?
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:03:15 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
If you started your journey in a relatively cool, dry environment, with a
low dry bulb temperature and a low wet bulb temperature, and the temperature
of your windshield stabilized at the dry bulb temperature, then drove into
an environment with a higher wet bulb temperature then the temperature that
your windshield had stabilized at (ie high humidity), then this phenomenon
will occur.  The moisture in the air will condense out onto any surfaces
with temperature lower than the wet bulb temperature.  This is the principal
of dehumidification - its how your air conditioner works in your home and
your car.  I bet you noticed condensation on the car body, also.