RE: TR6-wiring an electric fuel pump

Subject: RE: TR6-wiring an electric fuel pump
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 15:00:02 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Actually, since these are carburetors we're talking about, the engine
should still start without the fuel pump running, unless the float bowls
leak.  After all, a mechanical pump doesn't work when the engine's not
turning, either.

One thing about the Bosch relay I mentioned : it would run the pump for a
few seconds when the key was turned on, to pressurize the fuel injection
system, then stop if the engine wasn't cranked.  This probably helped avoid
problems where the cylinders could be filled with fuel by leaky injectors.

Randall