RE: TRanny/diff work.

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk
Subject: RE: TRanny/diff work.
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 14:09:46 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
There should be a fairly good supply of Laycock overdrives over here - in
old Volvos! Has anyone on the list (not at Portland) investigates the
possibility of matching up a TR 4-speed (plus o/d mainshaft) to a  70's
vintage Volvo 244's J-type overdrive? I believe the mainshaft splines may be
different (also why the 'magic clutch' uses a stock vs. Sachs friction
plate), and possibly the speedo drive gear. Hmm - maybe I'm starting to
answer my own questions!

Cheers, JD