RE: TR4 'A-arm' bush choice

To: "'CarlSereda@aol.com'" <CarlSereda@aol.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 'A-arm' bush choice
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:47:03 -0700
Carl :

Haven't tried them myself, but my understanding has always been that oilite
is fairly fragile/brittle, and should not be used someplace that takes a
beating (like the trunnion pins do).  There's also the issue that the holes
in the A-arm are not all that consistent (mine were different by about
.003", and one of them tapered by .002"), and you definitely don't want the
bushing to turn against the arm.  (BTW oilite should not be reamed to size,
as it destroys the oil retaining characteristic.)

Just my $.02
Randall