BMHIT Magazine

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: BMHIT Magazine
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 17:43:25 -0400
Cc: John Macartney <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk> charset=ISO-8859-1
John Mac writes:

>Friends
>
>In the not too distant future, The Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon is
>planning to launch a magazine which will probably be called 'TRADITION.'
>I've been the hapless soul chosen to be its Editor (quite looking forward
>it really) and it will concentrate on ALL makes presently at Gaydon,
without
>fear or favour. As I have a great and equal affection for big Healeys,
MG's
>and Triumphs, there shouldn't be any make bias. The objective is to report
>on all LBC's pre and post war and to cover every possible topic within
>Gaydon's scope, which is pretty extensive - including gentle road tests of
>cars in the collection.

If the writing in the TSSC's I've seen is any indication they couldn't have

selected a better person to head up this project.

However, the trick to making this go in the US is to find a local house
to print it (under license, of course).  John, you are a wonderful guy,
generous
to a fault, great fun to be around and a fountain of knowledge on things
Truimph (and other makes, as well) but I don't think there will be too many

US subscribers who will pay $30 (US) just to cover the postage.  I'd be
willing to pay $30 - $40 a year to get this type of publication but that
leaves
nearly nothing to cover printing costs.

At least thats my opinion.  Hopefully the others out there will prove me
wrong.

Dave Massey

P.S.  John, what is the address of the museum.  I have something I wish to
send you.