Re: Camber setting of front wheels, TR3

To: "Paul g. Wiegman" <pwiegman@ix.netcom.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Camber setting of front wheels, TR3
From: Neil Gallagher <njgall@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 00:09:56 -0400
Paul:

I've been asking that very question myself because my TR3 is on stands
(instead of in Portland) have a front-end rebuild.

There's an article on do-it-yourself alignment on the VTR website:
www.vtr.org/maintain/diy-alignment.html
but it does not answer the question of how to adjust a TR3's camber (the
sideways angle of the tire, positive is out at the top) or  castor
(vertical link's angle fore/aft).  Toe-in will also affect tire wear,
but that is adjusted with the tie-rods.

While both the Bentley and Haynes manuals give specs for camber (+ 2
deg) and castor (zero), they don't say what to do to adjust it.

Anyone know the answer?

Neil Gallagher
1960 TR3A