Re: Thanks

To: Fergie <fergie@ntplx.net>
Subject: Re: Thanks
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:00:20 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: tr <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Fergie wrote:

> Drove about 20 miles and, for no apparent reason, the engine actually
> started to RUN! Magic? No more missing or backfiring - I actually had
> some power! Set the timing (which was rather far off the mark) and test
> drove it with no problems. I made it home in fine shape and am headed
> for Portland tomorrow morning!

Methinks you had fouled plugs, probably caused by the incorrect timing,
and solved by the running-in.  Spark plugs are self-cleaning, when working
correctly.

And then there's the "Italian Tune Up"...

-Malcolmioni
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm