RE: fuel and brake pipes

To: slevine@toucan.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: fuel and brake pipes
From: MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:55:51 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Sandy
I just finished (last night) installing new brake and gas lines. For brake
lines I used the pre-bent stainless lines from Classic Tube
(www.classictube.com/frames/4/index.html). These went in easily and fit
perfectly. Unlike some, I decided not to use anti-sieze on the threads
because I didn't want to run the slight risk of contaminating the lines with
anything. As far a sealant goes, if you have the right connectors, you
shouldn't need sealant.

My gas line was a little trickier. Classic tube said that they did not have
the template for a TR250, but if I sent them the old lines they would custom
bend one for me in Stainless Steel. Instead I picked up new steel lines at a
local car parts store, some fuel injection rubber hose and some hose clamps
and bent the fuel line myself. (Way cheaper since I have a pretty good
little tubing bender.) Looks good, fits great, easy to do, and I still have
the original as a template.

Good luck
Mark