VTR Info

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: VTR Info
From: "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:02:17 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
A couple of comments for folks traveling to VTR. If you're passing through
Connecticut, fill up with gas before you cross our border. Gas prices here
are among the highest, if not the highest, in the country.

I did a little research at www.mapquest.com on travel routes. As has been
pointed out before, the Mass Pike, 495, 290 and 95 are heavily traveled,
congested and full of big trucks. Accidents are common and back ups are
inevitable....... especially during summer vacation time. On the other hand
traffic on I91 north of Hartford CT and Springfield MA is relatively light
(except rush hour) with much less truck traffic. You can take 91 north and
exit onto Rte 10 in Bednardston MA, to Keene NH and Rte 9 and follow it to
202 east to Portland. These are scenic, lightly traveled 2 lane roads that
will add about an hour twenty to your trip. We go this way frequently and
you can travel at up to 50 mph (posted speed). No need to worry about
accidents, backups, sitting in traffic watching the temp gauge climb etc. We
should be hitting Rte 10 around 11:30 AM next Wednesday morning, doing lunch
in Keene NH and then heading east to Portland. If you see a YellowTR6 being
followed by a white Subaru Outback Wagon............. honk and wave.
Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - Status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD