Re: ANGLE DRIVE

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ANGLE DRIVE
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:32:05 -0400

Since angle drives are a current topic of discussion, FWIW I repaired my angle
drive (GT-6) when it failed many years ago.  The following sketchy (memory, what
memory) may help others with the same problem and unwilling to spend the $ for a
new unit.

I used a very small burr in a die grinder and wore off the material that was
staked.  Pulled off the cover and replaced the destroyed flex cable.
Unfortunately I do not remember if I used the flex cable from a speedo cable
(internal speedo cable is readily available at most auto parts stores)  or if I
used some other flex cable that I had on hand.  Nor do I remember how I attached
the flex cable to the gear - from memory the cable was originally crimped and I
brazed.  To date, I have gotten well over 30,000 miles on the repaired right
angle drive unit.