TR6 Dashboard suggestions?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Dashboard suggestions?
From: "Harrison" <hcbfc@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:58:42 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
I'm a new subscriber to the mailing AND I just bought a 1974 Pimento red TR6
in fair condition.

The dashboard has a number of sun-baked cracks in the upper dash pad and on
the righthand lower pad. Does anyone have any suggestions as to good
inexpensive fixes? The mechanic who looks after the TR6 cautions me that
there isn't a dashtop or dashcap made for the TR6 and that replacing the
pads from, say, Moss parts, would be expensive because of the cost of
removing the dash.

Any luck with self-help vinyl repair? Any other solutions?

Thanks
Harrison