TR6 brake solution

To: mrdr@buckeyeweb.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 brake solution
From: Scott.Mackay@intl.sematech.org
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:53:22 -0500

Marty (and others):

After you have checked the obvious things (including making sure the
flexible lines are clear), check the vacuum booster line to the intake
manifold.  I had the situation that when cold, the brakes were fine.  After
the engine compartment heated up, the brakes were VERY stiff, and had a
difficult time stopping the car.  Turns out, there was a bit of greasy goop
at the end of the vacuum line, and when it got warm it would flow and
isolate the vac booster from the manifold turning the system into manual
braking.  When everything cooled down, it would open up again.  Took me over
a month to figure this one out!

Good Luck!

Scott Mackay
Austin, TX