74 TR6 - Waist Seal Installed on Doors

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: 74 TR6 - Waist Seal Installed on Doors
From: Gary Ganoung <gg07165@spectra.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:31:06 -0400
FWIW:

Have heard complaints on list about dropping clips into door, etc,
trying to install the waist seal on the doors.  It was suggested that a
special tool be made, (not bought, wives!) to make it easier.
I did the job by using the Headlight Trim Ring removal tool that come
with car in blue vinyl bag as original equipment.  Who needs a special
tool to remove a headlite ring anyway?

I used the "tool" and bent the end into more of a V shape - about 2
whacks with a hammer.  Then used some really cheap tape to hold the clip
in the V.  This keeps the clip from falling off into the darkness of the
inner door, never to be seen again.  Before taping the clip on, I used a
screwdriver to open up the clip a bit as they are very tight (and
sharp).

Position the seal, slide the clip over both and pull the tool out.  The
tape breaks easily (if its cheap celophane) and stays right in there as
part of the clip assembly.

Gary