Re: Electronic Ignition - aftermarket (Crane vs MSD)

To: Irv Korey <emanteno@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignition - aftermarket (Crane vs MSD)
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 06:25:02 -0400
Cc: "Michael, Bill" <bmichael@cdicorp.com>, "'Erik Quackenbush'" <erik@midwestfilter.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
I use a Lucas Sport Coil with the Crane XR700 electronic ignition. Neither of
the instruction sheets say anything about not using it with EI, and it's been
working just fine for more than 1200 miles.

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to use it either. It just
draws more current, and any decent afttermarket EI system should be designed
to handle a wide range of currents.

The Crane units is designed to handle just about anything.

--
George Richardson
The Wyvern - '57 TR3, TS15559L - http://www.merlingroupinc.com/tr3.htm