Re: TR3 Rear brake pipe routing

To: Angelo Graham <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: Re: TR3 Rear brake pipe routing
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:54:29 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Angelo :

After the line comes out of the clip on the diff cover, it runs over the
axle housing and goes through the 'stop loop' in front of, and below the
center line of, the axle housing.  Since the loop forms nearly a right
angle corner with the frame, and the housing is round, there should be
no way for the pipe to become pinched, even if the rubber stop is
missing.  There is supposed to be an aluminum 'tie wrap' to hold the
pipe in position, but mine is long gone, so I'm not certain where it
should be located.

My axle routinely hits both upper and lower stops, just driving to work,
so I doubt that 'spring sag' is your problem.  One of the shortcomings
of the TR 2/3/4 design is the limited rear suspension travel.

Randall
59 TR3A "daily driver wanna be"