Coupe Roof to Deck Seal

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Coupe Roof to Deck Seal
From: William Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 11:23:37 +0100
My appologies if this message appeared yesterday, I have been having
trouble with my mail system.
I received my Coupe Deck Seals from John Kipping this morning - pretty
disappointing I'm afraid. The moulded corners are not provided (I didn't
expect this knowing the costs involved), but far worse is the profile of
the exposed section of seal. The original seal looks something like
this:

      /| |\
     | | | |
     | |_| |
      \__ /
         \\
          \\

The new seal has a profile closer to this:
      _
     | | |\
     | | | |
     | |_| |
     |____ |
          \ \
           \_\

There is a distinct deep crease in the original seal where the lowere
lip meets the "U" section of the seal, the new component will look very
wrong when installed (though I'm sure it will work perfectly well as a
seal).
        This is not meant to be a flame against John Kipping, who
remains my preferred supplier, just information for anyone looking for
these seals. Depending on the general response to this product, I may
yet have some of the correct section manufactured.
        I hope this is some interest,
                Cheers,
                        Bill.

--
                            This Message sent by:
\________________________/  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup