Re: Coventry Radiator Co.

To: "Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou" <dougbert@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: Coventry Radiator Co.
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 23:03:53 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>>My original Stanpart radiator sprung a leak, so I replaced it with a
>>second hand 'Coventry Radiator Co.' radiator. (after-market patten
>>part)
>My Mk IV radiator says "Coventry Radiator Co.".  Does that mean
>that it is aftermarket?  It sure looks to be as old as the car...

Coventry Radiator is a factory alongside the former Standard Triumph works.
It supplied the company (and many others) with radiators and AFAIK probably
still does for the few remaining vehicle mftrs in the UK. Former brand name
was (maybe still is COVRAD). Highly possible your radiator is original
equipment - unless someone has borrowed the name as an aftermarket marketing
ploy to make rebuilds look genuine.

Jonmac