Re: RPM/Speed calculator, was Stag RPMs question

To: lgmtr6@juno.com, stag@digest.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RPM/Speed calculator, was Stag RPMs question
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 15:46:17 EDT
In a message dated 7/6/99 11:54:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lgmtr6@juno.com
writes:

> Anyway, the reason for the post is that the Stag is running at about 4
>  thousand RPMs,at 80 MPH. This is very high compared to my TR6. (The Stag
>  is an automatic)  Can anybody tell me if this is normal for a Stag? Has
>  anyone changed the rear end out to get a little better highway
>  performance?

Larry,

I have just updated my engine conversion web page to add a MS Excel 97 spread
sheet to calculate rpm vs speed. You put in your tire size, axle ratio, and
transmission ratios, and it will calculate tire diameter, tire width,
mph/1000rpm, mph/rpm from 1500 to 8500 rpm in increments of 500 rpm,  and
rpm/mph from 10 to 150 mph in increments of 10 mph. It will calculate all
these variables for all five speeds. To see a sample of a calculation, or to
download the file, see:

http://members.aol.com/danmas/design.htm

it's a small xls file, about 38KB, so it downloads quickly. Unfortunately,
I'm not a computor whiz-bang, so I don't know how to make it interactive
across the net. Can any one help me do that? I'd like to have it set up to
where you just enter data on your screen, and see the results without having
to download the spreadsheet and run it on your computer (with the option of
downloading it if you choose).

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/