Spitfire Camber Compensators.

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com" <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>
Subject: Spitfire Camber Compensators.
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 06:43:16 -0700
It is a bit premature at this time, but I thought I'd pre-announce the
availability of the above mentioned product.  I am currently working
with metal fabricating companies to get the prototype out for testing
and establish the cost of each assembly.

These units were made for the early Spits that don't have the
swing-spring rear suspension.  However, it will fit the later ones as
well.  I have yet to determine how much additional benefit they will
have on the swing-spring models, but it should provide an additional
measure of traction in corners.  I will do some testing on my own car
that has been upgraded to the swing-spring.

These are being produced from drawings made from one of the original
units made in the '60's so I don't think much testing is necessary
because years of use of the same design have proven that it works.  I
just have to refine it for modern manufacturing processes (like the
laser cutter that will be used to cut out the bracket parts).

I am still hopeful that I will be able to market them for a price no
higher than $150.  The manufacturing quantity will be a major
determining factor in the cost, however.  So I would like to hear from
anybody who is interested in this accessory in order to determine the
demand.

I have been keeping a list of those who have already expressed interest
and so far it seems to be strong.

Oh yeah, Brad, you can have the first one as promised.  It is costing me
about $250 (so far) but I'll sell it to you for $150 and write the rest
off to future production costs.

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer