Re: no Triumphs in the UK?

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net, Tim Gaines <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>
Subject: Re: no Triumphs in the UK?
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 10:49:36 +0200
Date sent:              Thu, 1 Jul 1999 11:40:54 -0500
To:                     TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
From:                   Tim Gaines <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>
Subject:                no Triumphs in the UK?
Send reply to:          Tim Gaines <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>

I just returned from two weeks in England and Scotland where I saw
only TWO Triumphs during the entire trip.  I saw a Stag in London
traffic on the first day of the trip and a Spitfire in Burford on
the next to last day.  It was parked in front of a repair shop.  Never
saw one at all in Scotland.  There just don't seem to be many Triumphs
at all.  And I was really looking for them.  I did see about two dozen
MGBs though.  Can anyone tell me why there are so few Triumphs in the UK?

Tim Gaines
1974 TR6
1980 Spitfire

Hi Tim,
In Europe not many people keep their cars for daily use, for that
they are too valuable, prices are much higher than in the States.
Most cars have been eaten up by salt and have later been restored
at very high costs. In the small country of Belgium more than 2000
Triumphs are registered of which around 900 TRs, but you seldom
see one on the road as daily driver.
Regards
Jean R. TR6PI