TR3 gease job

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: TR3 gease job
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 21:59:25 -0400
You'll be proud of me.  I've started on the "maintenance".
Slight problem with the lubrication, however.
On the passenger side (US models) there is a grease nipple for the "idler
bracket".  Sadly, I cannot force grease through and, even worse, is that
the nipple cannot be unscrewed because a chassis nut (or bolt head, can't
remember which) is in the way.  What to do?
Also, I can't get grease through one of the outer tie rods (the one
furthest away). I took off the nipple and cleaned it up so I could squeeze
grease through it, but still no luck when it was put back.
Should I get myself one of those butane(?) burners and try heating these
joints up?  How about penetrating fluid to try to solubilize 40 years of
hardened grease?
Not quite sure what to do - any ideas?

Happy Motoring,  Adrian