Rehanging Doors

To: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rehanging Doors
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 06:35:29 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
List,

I need some help (on my car!) with rehanging the doors. I am getting my car
ready to paint, and having finished the back end (trunk, fenders), I rehung
the doors (next is the front fenders and valance). Anyway, in rehanging
them, all I basically did was close the door and then bolt it in. I thought
this would be the best way to make sure that it hung right, and would shut
properly. And that seemed to be the case. HOWEVER, the "crack" where the
back of the door meets with the rear fender seems a lot larger than before,
and the door doesn't seem to "stay closed". In other words, I shut it okay,
but the door "gives" back, so that it rattles about 1/4--1/2" back and
forth. It won't open on its own, but it is annoying, and I don't remember it
doing that when I bought it and began taking it apart. The car is completely
apart, no seals on anything. Is that why? I put the door seal back in, just
to see if that was it, but it still wiggled.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Bryan Stinocher
bdstinocher@sewsus.com
502-782-7397  xt 2284
1968 TR250 CD 5853 L

For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism...