GT-6 Thrust washer woes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT-6 Thrust washer woes
From: "Michael J. Brenner" <brenner9@yosemite.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 23:23:59 -0600 (MDT)
Listerines,

OK I just removed the engine, oil pan (with the washers in the bottom), and
the bearing cap. My question is, what am I looking for? The engine only has
535 miles on the rebuild (everything is standard). The bearing cap has some
scoring on it. What else should I look for? It doesn't look like the crank
was making contact with anything yet. How would I know what happened in the
first place? There is no grooves in the thrust washer surfaces on the crank,
but it is not as polished as the bearing surface is.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike Brenner
Michael J. Brenenr