RE: TR4's vs 6's

To: Johntr6@aol.com
Subject: RE: TR4's vs 6's
From: sanborn@net1plus.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:24:08 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Can it be made into a lively
little car?     Any
>comments?    John

John,

Wait a moment while I take the knife out of my heart.

I have owned a new TR4 in 1962 and new TR6 in 1972.  I have
longed for all my life to have a TR4 again and have all but
forgotten the TR6 as just another car I owned.

The rigid axle TR4 with the super torquey 4 cyl engine is a
much more real "blood and guts" britsh sports car experience
than the TR6.  The horsepower and torque rating of an
emmisions choked TR6 are only slight different than a TR4
and IMHO the TR4 delivers a more throaty LBC engine sound,
handing and total driving experience. It has much of the
original flavor of the TR3 with a more comfortable and
modern body. Not as extreme as a Morgan... but in the same
territory.  In fact Morgans ran Triumph running gear for a
while.

Please lets not start a big thread on this.  I love all
Triumphs. I just wanted to come in and defend my wonderful
little car from being thrown in the "transition niche"  I
owned my TR6 for 6 years and enjoyed it.  Just not an
emotion generator for me.

By all means.... buy and enjoy the TR4

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L  Groton,MA