Re: Question about product in Vicky Brit cat

To: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question about product in Vicky Brit cat
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:33:37 EDT
In a message dated 6/17/99 7:55:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca writes:

> Is anyone familiar with the Jamb-Tac wireless door jamb connetors that they
>  sell (shown in the Spit and TR-6 catalogs where they have accesories
>  pictured)?  Does anyone know if this product is carried eleswhere - such as
>  radio shack.  The speaker wires running to the doors on my Spit bodied GT-6
>  keep fatigueing and this looks like a viable solution.

Aribert,

I have no personal experience with them, but they are used by the thousands
in street rods, and I haven't heard of any problems with them. They are
available from many companies specializing in street rod parts. Pick up a
copy of "Street Rodder" magazine and browse through it for vendors selling
them.

One warning: Some stereo systems can be damaged by having the speaker leads
interupted while the unit is on. This is mostly true of older units, but it's
something you need to check into for your particular stereo unit. If you unit
can be damaged this way, I don't recomend using them with the idea that you
will turn off the radio before you open the doors -- sooner or later YOU WILL
FORGET!  Speaking for myself, it'll be exactly two days before I forget.

Another possibilty is to use some of the flexible conduits sold by the same
venders for routing your wires. They are available in a varity of sizes and
styles, and I'm sure one would work for your Spit. Probably the best kind are
those that look sorta like an elongated "Z" with the hole in the door at a
different height than the hole in the jamb. This allows the most flexibilty
for the wires. I will be using these in my TR6/V8, if I can get one of the
right size.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/