TR6 - Clutch Fork Tapered Pin

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 - Clutch Fork Tapered Pin
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:56:31 -0400
What is the trick to removing the tapered pin that holds the clutch fork to the
cross shaft?  In the VTR article on A-type OD conversion Mark Gibson refers to
some ways to remove the pin (if it's stuck) without breaking it off.  Does
anybody know what those might be?

I've already experienced drilling one out that was broken on a tranny that I
inherited, but I'd like to know how to get one out without breaking it and going
through that routine again.

BTW my thirteen year old now knows how to pull a tranny out (with the OD for my
good TR6) of a TR6 and put one in again (the inherited tranny) since we did that
this weekend and I made him do most of it since I figured he couldn't hurt
anything on the rust bucket.  He's mowing lawns this summer for extra money but
I'm sure he'd be glad to slap a few trannies in for just a little more than the
trip to Dairy Queen that I compensated him with.  Of course you'd have to bring
it to Denver.

Bud
71TR6 CC57365 (with an OD sitting next to it)
71TR6 CC65446 (OD no longer)
66TR4A CTC57806