Brit Cars by the Sea

To: 75trsix@snet.net
Subject: Brit Cars by the Sea
From: kehrlich@dyax.com (Keith S. Ehrlich)
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 11:38:27 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bob Danielson who went golfing on a perfectly clear, sunny and warm New
England Day instead of going to the British Cars by the Sea show
"jealeously" inquires:

> Come guys....... there must have been a dozen posts on this show asking for
> times, directions etc. Did anyone actually go? And how was it? Inquiring
> jealous minds want to know.

Well Bob I'm on digest mode so you probably know all about it by now. It
was sunny, warm, beautiful in the park right next to the ocean. Lot's of
your pals from the CT Triumph club were there, relieved they did not
have to compete with your newly chromed killer 6. MG club sponsored the
show, so needless to say there were a lot of that Marque leaking on the
lawn. Still a very good showing of TR6's, about 15 or so, a half dozen
Spits and 6 or so TR3's, including Henry and Helen Fry and Mike Fergeson
wiht his new 3. A smattering of Jags, Sunbeams, AC's, Morgans and lots
of Rovers replete with frsh mud finished out the field. Must have been a
close to a couple of hundred cars.

 My favorite was that fellow from CT with the supercharged TR6 who has
now added a Nitrous Oxide system to boot. Unbelievable-and he still has
the Michelin X redlines. He said, upon pointing that out, that if he put
proper tires on, he'd drive to the tires' limits and likely get himself
killed. He says the most fun is pulling up next to Porsches at say 40-
50MPH and blowing them off with the Nitro system. The interesting part
of his set up is he has installed a mechanical switch at the carb so he
can keep the NO system activated at all times, but it only calls for NO
when he punches the pedal to the floor and controls it by first getting
the supercharger engaged before hitting it with Nitro. Gasp.

I got my headlights fixed there by Bob Wanta ( thanks Bob) and the
consensus on the clunking in the rear was that it was likely the splines
on the half shafts which were now clean of the old goo and gunk banging
together and transmitting the sound back through near solid poly diff
mounts. The recommended fix from Henry Frye was to use Coppaseal to lube
the splines. Some suggested loosenign up a bit on the mounts. I left
Henry my raffle tickets tot ake a Biobreak, and believe it or not he
managed to win a tube of Coppaseal which he was nice enough to rebate to
me. He also won with these tickets a subscription to Grassroots
Motorsports, which was turned over to him as a commission, and a copy of
the ubiquitous Hemmings which we gave to a TR3 newbie in search mode.

A good time was had by all and I will definitely return next year,
weather, wife and car willing.

Keith Ehrlich
74 TR6