Re: Workbench and shelf building

To: "Pete & Aprille Chadwell" <dynamic@transport.com>
Subject: Re: Workbench and shelf building
From: "Martin Gonzales" <mxgo@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 22:16:39 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Pete:

What I have done is use three bathroom vanities (from Home Depot), placed
together, and put in a three quarter stained plywood for a top.  For the
other work bench, I framed a bench using two by fours, used standard size
doors from Home Depot, 1/4 inch thick white sheets for the sides, and again
three quarter inch plywood for the top.  Of course, I put shelves in both
closed benches.  I like the closed bench to keep stored items clean.  My
friends say it looks better than most kitchens.  The white surfaces for the
doors and the bench sidings make it easy to wipe down.

Please bear in mind that I have limited wood working talents, but the above
worked out OK for me.  Just take a look a Home Depot or equivalent and see
what you can modify for your use

Martin