Re: TR6 wheel centers

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 wheel centers
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 19:34:21 -0700
Pete,
I like the black ones too. I've considereed painting my silvers to black
several times but there is always something else to do. Beyond that, I do have
a good match for the silver on the rims(and centers). Its called Cast Aluminum
DE1650(I think) by Duplicolor. Its high temperature paint and cost about $2 at
Walmart. I've not yet seen a real TR6 with the black so I've not idea what the
'match' would be but then again, black is black. IMHO I'd go gloss black.
--

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999 21:04:03    Pete & Aprille Chadwell wrote:

>Listers:
>
>I was just flipping through some photos of my TR, and stumbled on a photo
>that was taken on the very day that I bought it. (July of 1986)
>
>It brought a question to mind about the plastic TR6 wheel center caps.
>When I bought my 1973 TR6, it had BLACK center caps.  I eventually removed
>what was left of the black paint and painted them silver.  I like the
>appearance of the silver centers over the black, but I'm curious... when
>did the change occur from black to silver?  I would have thought that a '73
>SHOULD have silver wheel centers.  I would expect that since so many other
>major changes in the TR6 model occured in 1972, including many trim
>changes, this change would have taken place in that year as well.
>
>Any opinions?
>
>Pete Chadwell
>1973 TR6

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account
at http://www.eudoramail.com