Re: TR3B: Keeping Control Box "Wired" with an Alternator

To: moag@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3B: Keeping Control Box "Wired" with an Alternator
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 23:10:33 EDT
moag@ix.netcom.com writes:

> Now my question: I'd like to leave the original control box on the firewall
>  with wiring attached. Of course, I don't intend to be using this box, but I
>  want it to look "correct". I figure I'll just deal with the issues at the
>  other end of each of the wires. Can this be achieved? Are there any
>  connections that would still be workable through this control box (ie.,
>  leave both end of the wiring intact as per original)? Am I just crazy to
>  attempt this?

Dave,

First, don't use the alternator conversion instructions on the VTR site, as
they contain an error. I sent corrections to Ken Streeter nearly a year ago,
but they have not been posted yet. I'll send the correct instructions to you
in a seperate post (length concerns for the list).

There is no reason you can't use the box for your connections. You may have
to gut the box to do it, though. I'll add some information on this in the
same post to you I send the wiring instructions in. It may be tomorrow
evening before I get to it, though.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/