What a Bummer!!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: What a Bummer!!!
From: Jeff A Williamson <Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 08:52 -0500
Hop-count: 1
The weather here in "The Motor City" was beautiful yesterday, and is supposed
to be warm and sunny this holiday weekend. Last night, I decided to get my '58
TR3A out and get it ready for some fun over the weekend. Well, after a short
hop around town, the radiator sprung a leak --- right where the filler tube is
welded to the radiator. What a bummer!

Then I decided to switch my loyalty and get out my '59 356 Porsche. Of course,
it wouldn't start because I flooded it and fouled all the spark plugs! I think
there may also be some electrical problems. Another bummer!

So I decided if I couldn't drive and have fun, I'd enjoy spending the weekend
re-assembling the motor on my '60 TR3A. The machine shop has finished with the
head and the crank, and is only waiting for the cam bearings (which were
supposed to arrive yesterday) to finish the block. But as Murphy would have it,
UPS delivered all the engine parts last night, except for the cam bearings ----
the FIRST parts I need. Now it's getting to be a BIG bummer!

I sent the '60 body and frame to the "dipper" yesterday, so I can't do anything
else with it right now. Just about the time I decided that I'd resort to
spending the weekend fixing a radiator, changing some spark plugs, and cleaning
some parts, the wife informed me that WE had other plans!

I GIVE UP !!!

Jeff Williamson
Belleville, MI
'58 TR3A (sitting in a big puddle of anti-freeze)
'60 TR3A (in pieces scattered around town)