OD transmission tunnel cover plate available

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: OD transmission tunnel cover plate available
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 20:46:25 -0500
To all those who may have missed it last weekend, I have made some molds
to fabricate fiberglass reproduction OD cover plates for the TR4A - TR6
models.  This covers the speedometer cable attachment to the transmission and
the angle drive (TR6).  The cable and angle drive requires extra space
not allowed on the original (and reproduction) transmission tunnels.

The cost is $US 8.00 plus shipping.

These plates are a virtually exact replica (in fiberglass) of the
original (now very rare) metal plate.  The fit to the tunnel is not
exact (also like the original), and a thick soft putty was used to
seal the small gap(s).  I used plumber's putty.

So far I have potential requests for 13 cover plates, and I can make more,
at least until the molds break too badly to repair.

I am looking in to the possibility of having vacuum cast ABS plates made.  If
this seems feasible, I will pursue it.

-Tony Rhodes
ARhodes@compuserve.com