Fwd: stanchion platesboundary="part0_919993616_boundary"

To: miket@urgrgcc.ed, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: stanchion platesboundary="part0_919993616_boundary"
From: Bush4brits@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 20:46:52 EST

--part0_919993616_boundary

In a message dated 99-02-25 20:43:31 EST, Bush4brits writes:

<< Got the stanchion plates today, Mike.....thanks.
 Sent the check out yesterday....you should get it in a day or so.
 I need your help on this.....I thought I had it all down; but I don't think
so.
 Recall the plates: There are 2 sets of mounting holes; one set is countersunk
for flat head screws and outside of these is a set of through holes with the
Dzus "s" wire on the backside of the plate. The outside holes (with the Dzus
"s" wire) lines up with the holes in the stanchions. If this is supposed to be
a through hole (straight into the scuttle, since they do line up), how  am I
supposed to get the flat head screw through the "s" wire that's in the way?
 Beyond that, how is the plate supposed to lie flat against the scuttle with
the pins and "s" wire protruding on the scuttle side of the plate (remember,
the opposite side of the plate is keyed to accept the stanchion).
 The pre-60000 bodies must have a pocket built into the scuttle (for the pins
and Dzus "s" wire) to allow the plate to fit flush with it. That would make
sense. My car doesn't have this pocket.
 The fix is easy enough, I'll just grind the pins off and remove everything
from the scuttle side of the plate..........but I was just wondering. Any
thoughts?
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GNH 3L 78708
60 TR3A TS 81398 L

[...]