Re: 'Jonmac' on telly - god help us!

To: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: 'Jonmac' on telly - god help us!
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:07:14 -0500 ()
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, jonmac wrote:

> Just in case there are any Herald enthusiasts out there (apart from a
> nameless but helpful soul at VTR)

Anyone in particular?

> this is just to advise that a number of my
> former colleagues have put me forward to Channel 4 TV in the UK to talk to
> camera about how we sold Heralds against the Riley Elf and Morris Minor in
> days of yore with the female market very much to the fore...I've been asked to
> play the salesman role, right down to wearing period clothes. As this was
> very much pre 'flared' trousers, I've already discovered fashions, my
> waistline and volume of a full head of hair have changed so much, there
> ain't no way I can truly convey the 'Berkeley Square' look.
> As this year is the Herald's 40th anniversary, perhaps it might look more
> convincing if I wore a deaf-aid and dribbled instead?

I don't know, John. I'm beginning to think that the above would be more to
my own description!

Meanwhile, and perhaps a wee bit more seriously, can we expect a
compilation video, featuring Paul, yourself, and any others talking about
Triumphs in episodes to come?

--"Nameless Soul"