RE: PROPOSED TAX ON INTERNET ACCESS

To: "Philip E Bacon" <pboldtrix@juno.com>
Subject: RE: PROPOSED TAX ON INTERNET ACCESS
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:20:01 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I realize most of you know this is not true, however, junk email and those
forwarded (forever and ever) letters we get are a HUGE pet peeve of mine.
99.999% of those things are untrue.  I seem to get several a week from
different places and all I can say is BREAK THE CHAIN and delete, do not
forward these things.  Everything from cute little text pictures to "urban
legends", toss them.  Everytime they are sent the are sent to 10 people who
send it to 10 people who send it to ....  10x10x10x10...  you see what I
mean, the number gets very large very quick.  And the more "junk" traveling
through these little wires, the slower it will be for everybody (and the
fuller our trash cans, excuse me "recycle bins" get)  Pretty easy way to
overload a server as well.  If you get some of this garbage, and you think
it may be true (most likely isn't), you can check out this link.  It's lists
of several hoaxes, chain letters, etc.  It's a part of the US DOE:
http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html

Sorry to waste bandwidth (almost hypocritical, huh?) and I am not trying to
insult you Philip, I know what you did was with good intentions, however,
like I said this is a pet peeve of mine.

Bill Miller
78 spit