Trouble with the Pertronix - TR6

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trouble with the Pertronix - TR6
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 16:53:59 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Well I installed the Pertronix Ignitor "Electronic Ignition" today,
everything looked fine and dandy and then I started the car.  No spark on
cylinders one and two, other four are good.

My initial thought was that maybe, somehow, I got stuck with a four cylinder
model that was put in the right box, or wrong box for the right part... So I
opened the little magnetic sleeve, sure enough all six small magnets were
there.  (Note: I probably voided the warrantee by doing this)

Put the points and condenser back in, runs fine... have a spark on all on
six cylinders.

Now assuming the unit isn't defective, and I don't see why it should be as
four of the six cylinders fired with the Pertronix installed, are there any
other ignition problems that may be causing a conflict with the Pertronix
unit?  (Again: all worked well with when points and condenser were replaced)

It's been a harrowing day anyway...  Not enough juice to start the car this
morning, jumped it.  I managed to hit every red light in the greater
Philadelphia metro area; one of the spark plugs I bought had a busted
housing - PepBoys was the only place open locally - so now I'm running 5 of
one plug, 1 of another.  My waterpump is leaking (more like burning) fluid;
just saw this today while playing with my ignition.

What next?  ;-)

--
Kai Radicke -- kai@radiohead.net
IRC: irc.mcs.net, #inet-access