Re: Attention TR OD owners: New part available

To: "INTERNET:Brad.Kahler@141.com" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Attention TR OD owners: New part available
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 12:20:13 -0500
Message text written by INTERNET:Brad.Kahler@141.com
>I've attached 5 jpgs of my TR3 and TR4 tunnel cover.  If you're talking
about the 4-6" plate on the left side of my TR4 tunnel then maybe they
switched sides and put it on the right for OD cars.  Does it look like whats
in my pictures?<

I love the benefits of that digital camera.  I did have to lighten the pix
somewhat to improve detail on the TR3 pix.  I see 3 holes on the 4 cover.

One big one on the left with a mostly flat cover plate is probably an access
plate
for the regular speedo cable.  The one of the top right, I am not sure about.
Maybe a carry-over of the access to the trans. dipstick.  The small one on the
lower right is in the same position as the OD access plate, but much smaller.
The bumped-out area is where the plate goes.   The plate has an even more
bumped-out shape. and a base that fits the compound curves of the cover.
It is a pretty complicated shape, hence the need to make a
casting rather than simply shape some aluminum flashing as I had originally
planned.

Your request of 1 makes the total 3 (one other order for 2).

-Tony