GT6/Spit. conversions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6/Spit. conversions
From: LBPB1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 07:55:26 EST
Hi there!

           Thanks to all those who responded to the opel powered spit
question.lots of good info and my friend says thanks. Along that same line
......we found an early 70s jag at the bone yard and bought the rear end out
of the thing. It has all the suspension mounts and chunk as well as the hubs
in one complete unit. Since it was a heavy car pushed by a V12 we thought that
it might hold up under higher hp than the original chunk. has anyone done this
conversion or does anyone have a better susgestion? We realize that this unit
is heavy but with extra muscle up front it might be the ticket....or it might
just twist the car in half the first time the clutch was dropped! Once agian
TIA!

PLB3