Re: TR4 broken clutch tapered pin

To: GERARD_WINN@HP-France-om9.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: TR4 broken clutch tapered pin
From: JRossi727@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 08:38:57 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hello Gerard.   My way to remove broken pin is as follows.  I drill a 3/16
hole from the oppsite side of the fork untill you hit the pin.  Then with a
drift.  Drive the pin out.
The new pin doesn't fit right either.  With the shaft and fork on the work
bench. Fit the pin.  You will notice that it really doesn't bottom out in the
fork.  You will have to drill the shaft alittle bigger to fit the pin.  I have
use this installation on 12 to 15 clutch overhalls.   John     Flintstone, Ga

PS  I use harden pin too.