Re Vacuum amplifier?

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re Vacuum amplifier?
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 20:26:54 -0600
If those are the same thing I am thinking of, I have seen them referred
variously as spark arrestors, flame traps and fuel traps.  I assumed
that they
kept fuel vapors from getting sucked into the distributor.  But whether
or not
that was a valid assumption,  I have no idea.

Roger Elliott

Kevin Besig wrote:

> The Bently manual refers to these as "Fuel Traps", but I don't know
what
> their purpose is either.
>
> Kevin Besig
> '75 Spit FM28619U
>

> John Weber wrote:
> >
> > Greetings all,
> >
> > I have a '75 spit, manufacture date of Jan1975 (according to the
plate),
> > engine number 30xxxU.
> >
> > I seem to have very little (if any) vacuum at the distributor.
> > I know about the missing gulp (anti-runon) valve, it is missing, but
the
> > lines are plugged.  Take out the plugs and the engine stops.  I
assume
> > that plumbing is correct.
> >
> > The carb (CD150) is in multiple pieces awaiting kit from BPNW
($17.50),
> > and it looked fairly? good except for a tear in the
anti-deceleration?