Re: Type of Paint on Triumphs?

To: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Subject: Re: Type of Paint on Triumphs?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:55:55 -0800
Cc: daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
I believe that Bill is referring to Nitrocellulose lacquer that was used
extensively in earlier times.  It was actually a good paint for auto
finishes.  Leo Fender used it extensively on his guitars but sadly, as
is the case of many good products, it has been deemed hazardous and
therefore is difficult to obtain these days..

Regards,
Joe Curry

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer