Fulcrum pins (droop) TR3A

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fulcrum pins (droop) TR3A
From: "Nigel West, Physiology" <west@skyway.usask.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 10:02:43 -0600
Advise required!! I have just had a fulcrum pin replaced, as the car had
obviously been hit and some welding done with the body on. The old pin was bent
in the horizontal plane. Problem is, I have just noticed that the new pin is
not horizontal. The front end is down, rear up. What consequences will this
have? I assume that vertical front suspension components will no longer be so.
Should I get it redone$$$$? Also, on this side of the car the plates that bolt
to the frame at the end of the pins are missing. Presumably they were to
prevent any possibillity of things coming adrift. Is there another solution, or
should I use new nylocs and not worry?  The car will be for weekend use and I
am an old gaffer, so not too fast. Comments please.

Nigel West