Re: Spark Plug Wires...

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Subject: Re: Spark Plug Wires...
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 21:40:08 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Pete & Aprille Chadwell wrote:

> And YES, I DO pull on the BOOT, not the WIRE!!  My Allison silicone wires
> (purchased from VB about 10 years ago) have disassembled themselves on
> several occasions while I was trying to remove them from the plugs.  The
> connector stays put, but the wire comes right out along with the boot.

I always try to grab 'em so that you are pulling on the boot AND the
connector (squeeze the boot where the connector is- might take a bit of
feeling to find the right spot)

Luckily, Triumphs have enough room around the plugs to let you do this!
Not so with my other cars.  I notice that the Chevette wires have *really*
sturdy looking boots though.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm