Re: SPIT OD

To: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Subject: Re: SPIT OD
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:08:33 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/11/99 12:21:32 PM EST, Day.John@fin.gc.ca writes:

<< sometimes heard talk of using a straight 50-weight oil (no multigrade),
 but I can't recall where I heard or read it. Again, once everything else
 (electrical, mechanism, filter, etc.) has been eliminated. Then again, I'm
 running Hypoy in my TR6 J-type right now, with no problems - it kicks right
 in! If it ain't broke (polish it)!. JD >>

I run Straight 50 wt in all my A-type OD's. The Laycock Manual sez to use 30
wt. Something about additives in 90 wt gear oil that's bad for the planetary
gears.
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B