Re: Engine rebuild vs TRF short block?

To: Mark Gendron <mister_toad@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Engine rebuild vs TRF short block?
From: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 13:34:18 -0500 (EST)
Cc: "'Triumphs - submissions'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I agree that TRF's price is high.  If you know someone, a fellow club
member maybe, that's done an engine before, get a little help and a little
advice and do it yourself.  It's not so hard.

The other reason to do it yourself is that you might have components that
are completely reuseable.  If your TR3 engine is not too worn out, you
might find that you can reuse the oil pump, timing gears, and cylinder
liners.  If you're real lucky, you might get by with a set of rings, new
bearings and not much more.  Now that would be an economical rebuild!

John Middlesworth
1960 TR3A