Re: A nice cuppa

Subject: Re: A nice cuppa
From: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 14:36:15 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

> >Talking about reading old manuals, can anyone guess what I read
> >this from?
>
> >"The British don't know how to make a good cup of coffee. You
> >don't know how to make a good cup of tea. It's an even swap..."
>
> >Rich
>
> The question is "Why would anyone drink tea when they could have a nice
> cup of coffee?"

Coz we're English!!!! :-)

Anyway, the extract came from a publication called 'Over There', with 'There'
being Britain.  Basically it was issued to US servicemen when they came here
during WW2, I picked up a copy at Duxford war museum, it made interesting
reading, apparently just because we are softly spoken and polite, don't think
we ain't tough, we're not panty-waists. or so it says......BUT, what is a
panty-waist? :-)

Rich