TR4 Vent Rebuilding - Materials Source

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Vent Rebuilding - Materials Source
From: sanborn@net1plus.com
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 09:12:22 -0500

Good Morning Gang,

Have any of you been down the path of restoring your under
dash pats?.  I am fully restoring my dash back to original
1962 specs.  I have dismantled the air vents and cleaned,
scraped and repainted the metal parts.

First question... Is there a source for the felt parts that
are used to seal the front and form pads on the vent
shutters.  Mine are very dirty and have shrunk over time. I
need to cut new ones from an appropriate material in order
to get an air seal and to have the right look.

Second.... Is there a way to replace the rubber gaskets at
the back of the vent box??  The rubbers on mine are barely
useable and I would like to replace them.

None of the sources I have looked at carry any parts at all
for these parts.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L  Groton,MA
sanborn@net1plus.com