Re: Wire looms

To: "R.P. Rooij" <zulu@globalxs.nl>
Subject: Re: Wire looms
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 22:06:34 +0100
Cc: 1-Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Ronald, =

there is a company in Britain called Auto Sparks that sell wiring
harnesses, connectors and wire that fit our cars... All the way from
pre war Glorias up to TR7/8 cars. =

They can be reached at: =

 AUTO SPARKS                      Phone Int+44 -115 949 7211 =

 80-88 Derby Road, Sandiacre      Fax   Int+44 -115 949 1955 =

 Nottinghamshire NG10 5HU =

 England =

[The area code 115 might have changed since I had to do with them back
in '97. The British have a habit of juggling their area codes
around... ;-) ]

Back then a TR4A loom cost something like UKP 90 [whatever that'll
make in Euro I haven't really caught on to yet...] + VAT and carriage.
The PVC wire itself was priced from 13 pence up to 99 pence per metre
depending on cable size. As an example the cable they list for
headlamps and such use is listed at 24 pence per metre + VAT and
carriage. If one buys 50 m bobbins there is a discount price. They
also stock lots of different terminals, connectors, multi pin
connectors, plugs, bulb holders, Lucas glass fuses, grommets and - the
tape You wanted... =

How do I know all this? My ex girlfriend was an electrical engineer -
and she rebuilt her Spitfire harness... =

Good luck with Your harness, =

Regards =

/Odd =

R.P. Rooij wrote:
> Listers,
> I'm trying to restore the wire loom of my TR-4A back to original. =

> The PO has been messing with this and melted some wires.
> =

> Does anybody know of a (preferably european) company that post-
> orders coloured wiring (the brown/white, Green/Red etc) and PVC =

> wrapping (non-adhesive). Seems to me to be a lot cheaper than =

> replacing the whole loom.
> Any help in this matter is appreciated.
> Ronald Rooij

-- =

Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4
S-74236 =D6sthammar        International liaison secretary,
Sweden                   Triumph Club of Sweden
                        '70 Spitfire Mk3 FD82497LO Signal Red
                        '80 TR8 EFi DHC TPZDV8AT211468 Midas Gold
               E-mail:   odd@triumphclub.se / odd.hedberg@bigfoot.com
             Club URL:   http://www.triumphclub.se/index.htm
       Home Phone/Fax:   Int+ 46-1731 7131 / 46-1731 8131
Geographical Position:   N 60deg 15min  E 18deg 23min